Wednesday, March 7, 2007

How it all started

I guess I've always believed in magic(k) somehow. As a little kid, I was raised Catholic when in mass I would "feel" the transubstatiation (the changing of the bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ) happen. I was always interested in the spirit world and psychic phenomenon. My mother and I had a couple of mental or psychic experiences together, so I thought it was real, since it was real for me and us.

As I grew up, I drifted away from the Catholic Church but was still spritual and beleived in magick. I became a magician. I did sleight-of-hand, prestidigitaion, magic tricks, etc. It was during this point in my life that "spiritual teachers" crossed my path and showed me, or lead me to what is now mostly known as the New Age Movement. I did some meditation, chanting, yoga, wicca, eath magick, and picked up on much information. I also came into contact with the field of personal development and books such as Think and Grow Rich, The Magic of Thinking Big, etc. There is a lot of similarity between the two. They all teach the same thing, the same information is presented in different ways to reach different people on their different paths.

Well, got to get ready for work now. Be back later.

Dean

No comments: