Sunday, August 12, 2007

Help! I've Fallen and I Can Get Up.

It's been over two weeks since my last post for a few reasons. Not that it really matters, but sharing my experiences is what this blog is all about.

Recently, I put out that I'm looking for additional sources of passive income. About three weeks ago while I was reading blogs, I came across an article that reminded me of an opportunity I was looking at a few years ago. I started doing research in that project again, reading blogs, forums, ordering catalogues from manufacturers, developing a business plan, etc.

Later, I came across another source that rekindled an interest in another opportunity as well. This opportunity came up in conversations as well, so I started to put energy into researching that path as well.

Now, I've got two new projects I'm researching, I still desire to develop this blog, writing, Law of Attraction discussion groups and my speaking and coaching business. Yes, I like multi-tasking activities for variety.

While researching the business opportunities presented to me and the time I devoted into researching those projects, I took time away from blogging, meditating and other activities. Then, I started to feel a bit guilty for not being involved in those activites and picked up watching TV again as an escape. I did focused on sitcoms since laughter is a high vibration activity. Unless, it is countered with guilt for passively watching humourous disfunctional relationships on TV thereby deliberately recreating the same life that is behind me.

Now get this, in the past two weeks, I had to fight off some illness, missed sometime working and taken more medicine than I've taken in years. Of course, this could also be related to the increased energy work I'm doing in clearing out blockages and releasing negative energy. ;-)

I'm sure it's all related and each activity in itself is ok in moderation, but adding them all up is a disruption to the positive high vibration life I've been cultivating.

Then I remembered, that's a key phase here, what Aaron at Today is that Day posted an article on Summer Solstice. The key phrase in that article is "I Remember".

To quote Aaron:

...I am utterly and completely in charge of how I feel, and the fact that I how I feel from moment to moment creates my life.

So, if I feel dull, listless, unmotivated, and just generally uninterested in life, then I will have a dull, listless, unmotivated and generally uninteresting life.

On the other hand, if I realize that every single moment is a chance for me to sit up straight, consciously realize my state of mind, and make any adjustments necessary, then I end up with a life full of consciously created moments.


You can see this full article here. Aaron's got a great site, so spend sometime there.

So, today, after spending sometime reading wonderful, uplifting and all around good feeling material that can be found in my "Blogs I enjoy visiting" list I reminded myself that "I was productive, I did attract what I asked for (ways to make passive income). I observed how I felt after spending less time doing high vibrational activites blogging, meditating, writing in my journals, etc. that I remembered that being in high vibrational activities is more important than doing the research for developing additional streams of income and watching humorous disfunctional relationships. The income will still be there, the opportunities will flesh out and develop. What is most important is to keep the high vibrations happening so that I attract the people, information and resources for opportunities to come into my life.

1 comment:

John Kennedy, Jr said...

I too live by the Law of Attraction. There is a pretty cool tool out to help manifiest things into your life through video. You then place this video on your Ipod, cell phone, website..etc, watching it over and over again.
It is pretty cool and has helped me a lot. Check it out at: www.jkscsu.com