Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday Morning Video: Believe in Yourself

I found this first video sometime ago and thought "hey, that's a nice video about believing in yourself. I'll keep it in mind for 'one day.'" When I saw this I thought about a quote from the movie Pretty Woman when Richard Gere's character (Edward Lewis) takes Julia Robert's character(Vivian) to her first opera. He tells her that people have a strong reaction to opera, either they hate it or they are deeply moved by it.

Then this morning I didn't have this post ready, looked for something new and different. I looked again at this first video and thought it's too short. Looking at about 2 dozen other inspirational videos I kept coming back to this first one. Then I found the following videos that continued the progress of Paul Potts. I usually don't watch "talent shows" but this one performer caught my attention, mostly because of the first video.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I found myself enjoying them.










Paul ended up winning the Britain's Got Talent show. He's signed a contract and his first CD appropriately named "One Chance" is released. From the Sony BMG site:

The rich, powerful and mesmerising voice of rising star Paul Potts has touched the hearts of millions since his win on TV’s hot new talent show ‘Britain’s Got Talent'. Watched by 13.5 million in the finals, his hauntingly beautiful rendition of Puccini’s Nessun Dorma stunned the show’s judges and audiences alike, leaving many moved to tears.


On Paul's site and blog about his world tour, there is another video collage of the final show, that brought a tear to my eye.

Other Sunday Morning Videos

Sunday Morning Video - "Miracles Happen" By Lila Sakura

Enlightenment by Gary Evans

The Gratitude Dance

Affirmation Movie by Gamy Rachel

Matthieu Ricard - The World's Happiest Man

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dean,

Well it doesn't matter how many times I've seen this clip it still stirs up my emotions. I think the judges faces are a classic. Judges judging.... He's coming to Australia very soon but I cannot go. Maybe next year. Like Paul says on his blog - he cannot believe where he is now as opposed to a year ago. But he believed in himself and looks where he is now. I'd like to know how many times he stood alone singing but seeing and feeling thousands of people in front of him as he was doing so.
Amazing and ever-inspiring.

Thanks for sharing these videos.

Kim